Monday 11 October 2010

This one's for you

They say it takes a tough time in your life for you to really discover who your friends are and although I always thought I knew, my recent 'blip' has only cemented this knowledge even more. It sounds so cheesy, but I'm incredibly proud to say that I am surrounded by some pretty amazing people in my life. However rough, depressing or just plain rubbish my life seems to get, I know that there's an amazing team on hand to help me up. People I never expected to come through so much have certainly surprised me the most and to them and my best friends, I owe a massive bundle of thanks.

It's because of these people that when I drove home today listening to Simple Plan's 'I'd Do Anything', I found myself crying out loud. The title of the song pretty much sums up the lyrics and it made me cringe that a mere 2 months ago, this would have epitomized the soundtrack to my life. 'I'd do anything just to hold you in my arms, to try to make you laugh, I can't put you in the past'...etc. I feel almost embarassed that I literally could have written this song for my own situation, but now as I found myself looking slightly crazy, driving along with the window down and a Simple Plan song unashamedly playing loudly, I can do nothing else but cry with laughter. I never thought I would change my tune, but the combination of amazing friends and copious amounts of wine, really work a trick!

Whether it's a crazy night out in town, a 'quiet night' down the pub, or a chilled night in with a numerous bottles of wine and 'Crocodile' on DVD (awful, but amazing...you can't go wrong!), these are the good times. I only hope one day I can return the favour - but at the same time, I also hope I don't have to either, if it means someone's got to get dumped! I love life after love, but I love my friends even more. This one's for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment