Monday 6 June 2011

To Infinity and Beyond!

Standing on the edge of the precipice I barely had time to gather my thoughts before I started running. My instinct was to squeeze my eyes shut and pray to the Universe, but I forced myself to focus and savour every second. It only took a couple of steps before I felt the wind sweep into the parachute and lift us up and out over the mountaintop where the pull of gravity teased us towards the rocky terrain below. I'd only just met the man I was now trusting with my life, but carpe diem, right?

Earlier that day I had found out that my Grandmother had passed away in her sleep in the early hours of the morning. Not the happiest of news when you're on a girly holiday in Turkey, but it made me realise and appreciate how precious life is. This may sound a bit ridiculous considering I then threw myself off the top of a moutain, but I can't remember a more poignant moment. As we circled the Blue Lagoon and I gazed out over the stunning scenery, everything just felt so right. It was possibly the best thing I've ever done and one of the (although there were quite a few!) highlights of my holiday.

The most ridiculous part of it is that I'm actually a nervous flyer and the thought of coasting at 1600 feet in a massive airplane is enough to raise my hearbeat. But, I've always said I don't believe in regrets, which is the beauty of life after love. Saying yes to everything I was previously scared to do means lots of fun, fantastic memories and no disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment