Sunday 19 December 2010

I've been a bit slack recently in keeping this updated. That doesn't mean I've been resting on my laurels, but rather I've found myself in a bit of a predicament. I've been hanging out with this guy recently and unfortunately for me, he reads my blog. Need I say more?

Anyway, I've decided to bite the bullet and have agreed with him that he can read it, but he is to never let on that he's read it, or I might actually die of embarassment! So here goes, deep breath...

It's fun being around someone new and remembering all the old feelings that you lose - or take for granted - in a long term relationship. I'm also enjoying the feeling of not knowing what I'm doing or where my life is going. I had a couple of Christmas cards recently which both commented on how bad 2010 must have been for me. Looking back, apart from the obvious train wreck, I actually wouldn't say that. I've had more fun in the last 6 months than I have in the past 2 years! You could say that it was this rediscovered spontaneity that found myself and the new guy on Brighton's sea front on a freezing cold December day.

It had sounded like a good idea, but whilst standing on the shingle and being battered by an icy wind, I couldn't seem to remember why. Our day then turned into another non-alcoholic pub crawl (yes, it is possible for me not to drink!) but I had no complaints. Particularly when it started to snow, I wanted to be in the warmest place possible. The company wasn't exactly bad either!

Life after love constantly surprises me with the thought of what I wouldn't have done had my life continued as it was before. It's a scary thought, because I couldn't imagine my life any other way than it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment